10th July 2016
- Learn from Angie Chong, daughter of Australian celebrity chef, Elizabeth Chong
Winter Dumpling Workshop - bringing people and food together around a shared table - what a great way to spend a wintery Sunday!.
This is a hands-on dumpling workshop where you will learn:
- An introduction to ingredients and the world of dumplings
- How to make and roll the dough by hand
- How to make 3 types of filling including vegetarian/vegan
- How to fold, pleat and cook the dumplings 2 ways
- How to make the best dipping sauce in Melbourne
After working up an appetite learning to make the dumplings, sit back, relax and enjoy a sit down dumpling lunch. BYO if you want.
Aprons & recipes provided with lots of information on shopping and where to get hard to get ingredients. All meat is organic & free range, seafood is local & sustainable, and herbs are picked from the garden. Learn knowledge about asian cuisine and culture, and some great traditional family recipes handed down from Angie's mum (Elizabeth Chong) and some new recipes with a twist on the traditional!
The Humble Dumpling
30A Kelvin Road, Alphington, 3078
10th July 2016, 11:00am - 2:30pm
Ticket Price includes GST
Bookings Close: 7th July 2016