17th November 2015
Join us for an intimate lunch with the Hon John Brumby in the second of our series 'Former Premiers - what are they doing now?’
John’s commitment to public service is outstanding. He served for more than 10 years as Treasurer, became Premier of Victoria (2007 – 2010), had 6 years as Leader of the Victorian Opposition and 7 years as Federal MHR for Bendigo during the period of the Hawke Government.
During his time in Government he was a passionate advocate for medical research, supporting projects such as the Australian Synchrotron, Bio21, the expanded Florey Institute, the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre and the establishment of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre.
Since retiring from politics John has accepted a number of appointments in both the business and not-for-profit sectors, including:
• Chairman of the Motor Trades Association of Australia (MTAA) Superannuation Fund;
• Chairman of Citywide Service Solutions Pty Ltd;
• Professorial Fellow at both the University of Melbourne and Monash University;
• Chair of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute;
• Director of the Fred Hollows Foundation; and
• National President of the Australia China Business Council.
Please don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear about how John’s leadership, excellence and innovation in the public realm paved the way for others to follow.
74 Bourke Street, Melbourne
17th November 2015, 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Ticket Price includes GST
Bookings Close: 13th November 2015